Tuesday, July 12, 2005

PSYCHOLOGY OF A TERRORIST

Muslim extremist Mohammed Bouyeri confessed today in a Dutch court to the murder of filmmaker Theo Van Gogh. On November 2 of last year Van Gogh was shot, nearly be-headed and found with a five page screed stabbed to his chest. The killing is believed to have been an act of retribution for Van Gogh's film Submission, which criticized the treatment of women under Islam.

Bouyeri's remarks provide a pretty good example of the nature of the terrorist enemy we face.

"If I were released and would have the chance to do it again ... I would do exactly the same thing."

"What moved me to do what I did was purely my faith. ... I was motivated by the law that commands me to cut off the head of anyone who insults Allah and his prophet"
Turning to Van Gogh's mother, who was in the court he said,
"I have to admit I don't have any sympathy for you, I can't feel for you because I think you're a nonbeliever."
Boyeri is allegedly a member of a terrorist cell known as the Hofstad Network and faces several other terrorism related charges.

This man and others like him are not motivated by unjust poverty and disenfranchisement. Their violence is the result of an ideology of racism, hate, and absolute religious extremism. They are a threat to all free and rational people regardless of nationality or religion.

Posted by Matthew @ 6:08 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Matt good to hear this from you. Its time Canadians generally woke up to this enemy that can't have a pretty face put on it, i.e. to date Liberal thinking has been poverty is at the root of it not virlulent ideology that inculcates hate. It's time we pass bills like C-394 that Stockwell Day and Ed Broadbent mutually support, its just common sense.

Posted by Blogger RT @ July 14, 2005 12:30 a.m. #
 
<< Home