Thursday, May 19, 2005

BS PARLIAMENTARY REPORT

I know that Belinda Stronach quotations are a dime a dozen these day but this was funny just because of the circumstances.

I'm back in my hometown of Newmarket, which is once again in a Liberal riding. I went to the mail box this morning to find a Parliamentary Report from my local MP. It was a one sheet flier emblazoned in Conservative Blue from the current minister of Human Resources. In her report Stronach informs me that:

Like many of you, I am deeply disappointed by the revelations coming out of the Gomery inquiry into government corruption and the abuse of taxpayer dollars. The people of Canada deserve better. Fortunately, we have a strong Opposition in the House that is ready to govern this country and is willing to clean up the corruption and manage the finances of the nation more responsibly.
...
The recently announced agreement between Ottawa and Ontario is too little and too late. The fact is, continued underfunding by this Liberal government is compromising the quality of health care and other services available to residents.
...
I have expressed a number of concerns about the budget.... The tax cuts contained in the Liberal budget amount to only $16 per year for the average resident of Newmarket-Aurora.
...
After two years of inaction on the part of the Liberal government, I led a group of seventy fellow Conservative MPs in filling for intervenor status in an upcoming case in Montana that will determine whether U.S border will be re-opened to Canadian cattle.
I could go on, but you get the idea. This is particularly amusing because Stronach's little report arrived at my door two days after she crossed the floor. Was there no way to get these out of the mail?

Posted by Matthew @ 12:03 p.m.

Read or Post a Comment

Yah, I do get the idea. I really do not see the cogency in any argument that asserts Belinda's move was for anything other than power.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ May 23, 2005 12:43 a.m. #
 
<< Home