Friday, October 22, 2004

QUEEN'S (BLOGGER) HOMECOMING

Its homecoming weekend here at Queen's University, which according to my friends, press reports and the City of Kingston Police, is an excuse for Queen's students young and old to run rampant and intoxicated through campus and the streets of K-Town engaging in various forms of debauchery. As a McGill alumni and very new Queen's student I'm not sure I'm ready for this whole experience.

Nevertheless, I will be present at the first annual (yeah, that's right) Queen's Blogger Homecoming. Stephen Taylor has contacted several Queen's students/alumni and organized a gathering. All Queen's student and alumni bloggers are welcome. Confirmed in their attendance are Stephen, Joey (Accordion Guy) deVilla, John Hamilton and myself. We will be meeting at Alfie's (formerly The Underground, if your really old apparently) at apporximately 6:30 and continuing to wherever at whenever as numbers and disposition dictate.

So if you meet the above mentioned conditions, or if you are even thinking about starting a blog, or just want to meet some Queen's bloggers, feel free to come by. I have not yet met any of these bloggers so it should be interesting and fun.

Addendum:
In my haste, I clearly left out a couple of key details. The Blogger Homecoming is occuring at 6:30 on Saturday night and Alfies is the student bar underneath the the JDUC (University Centre).

Posted by Matthew @ 6:58 p.m.