Monday, July 05, 2004

MANDATORY SELF-REFERENTIAL SITE NEWS POST

At some point today the 10,000th visitor will view Living in a Society (sorry, no special prize if its you). I didn't know what to expect when I started this blog in October but I'm happy with where it has taken me and I plan to keep going, even if summer-time output is rather diminished. I feel the urge to thank people for their readership but that's rather overdone in cliche posts like this one, and really, if there wasn't something here that you at least moderately enjoyed you wouldn't be reading, right? Idealistically, I think the quote from Russeau at the top of this page sums up my motivation for blogging. Narcissistically of course its my need to see my name and writing in print. Barring the collapse of society or a drastic decline in my ego, this blog will continue.

Posted by Matthew @ 12:18 p.m.