Tuesday, May 04, 2004

RECOVERING AND WAITING

I'm currently recovering from last week's elemination of the Canadiens from the playoffs (don't want to talk about it). I'm also recovering from the longest and one of the more gruelling end-of-semester mad dashes ever. However, I am now finished with courses, entirely in fact, and am waiting.

Waiting to go back to Ontario; waiting to start working for the summer; and waiting for the Prime Minster to call a freakin' election already!

The election that I was assured would be June 14 is now all but ruled out by "Liberal insiders." Don't worry though, "Mr. Martin is expected to call the election in the next few weeks." Yeah, I've heard that one before.

I don't blame The Middleman or anyone else for their erroneous predictions. There's no way they can know when the PM is going to call an election because it's pretty clear that he doesn't even know himself.

So, it is now certain that I will graduate from McGill (Jun. 2nd) before the next election. The question now becomes, will I start my next degree (Sept. 1st) before the election comes? There's nothing to do but wait. Thankfully, I need it.

Posted by Matthew @ 4:11 p.m.