Tuesday, April 13, 2004

ON THE OCCASION OF MY LAST DAY OF CLASS AT McGILL

Today is my last day of classes as an undergraduate at McGill University. I'm not getting all misty-eyed just yet because I actually still have two papers and several exams to write, so it doesn't quite feel as if I'm finished, but today is the first in a series of lasts for me and McGill. It should also be noted that 'class' is a fairly loose term today. My last class actually involves going out for drinks with my honours seminar professor and fellow students. It's really quite a fitting way to end four years at McGill; relaxed academic discussion over pints at the grad students lounge.

I'll give a more lengthy valediction when all of my responsibilities are dispensed with and I'm secure in the knowledge of moving on to the alumni association. Needless to say, four years at the best school in the country have been incredible. I soon have to begin reconciling myself with moving on to Queen's.

Posted by Matthew @ 3:41 a.m.