Thursday, April 15, 2004

FOR THE RECORD

I know game five of the Habs/Bruins series has just started. I can't watch tonight because I'm in the thick of paper writing. However, I wanted to get this in before it becomes reality.

After the game four loss, largely as a result of the Kovalev debacle, everyone was writing off, or nearly writing off the Canadiens. I think that the Habs were the dominant team for most of games two, three and four. I think they have been quite unfortunate not to be the team that is up 3-1 at this point. If they keep up their current level of play and can eliminate the minor yet decisive lapses that cost them games two and four they will still win this series.

Other than in game one there has not been a point during any individual game that I thought the Bruins were on their way to winning that particular game. The Habs will still come through.

Posted by Matthew @ 7:22 p.m.