Wednesday, April 28, 2004

BLIND FAITH

The Habs should have won last night. They didn't necessarily deserve it, but nor did they not deserve it. Both teams played a good game and the Habs were leading 3-2 with only seconds remaining.

Then Craig Rivet left Vincent Lecavalier alone in front of the Montreal net with enough time and space to build a cabin and bake a cake. Lecavalier has proved this series that he will kill you given those types of opportunities and he did just that, scoring to tie the game with 16.5 seconds left. Again the Habs proved they couldn't play a full 60 minutes of hockey.

In the last series, when the Habs went down 3-1, I firmly proclaimed that they would come back. I was absolutely confident in this assertion because I knew the Habs had been the better team to that point, despite what the scoreline showed. Right now I have no such confidence. The Lightning have clearly been the better team in this series. However, since my support for the Habs is the closest thing I have to religion it is impossible for me to count them out. So, there's nothing left to do but take it one game at a time. It's time for a come-back. Habs in seven.

Posted by Matthew @ 7:47 p.m.