Friday, March 05, 2004

ACADEMIA HERE I COME

The waiting game is over. Actually, it has been for about a week. I was accepted to M.A. programmes at York University and Queen's University. I haven't heard from McGill yet but I eliminated them as an option for various reasons, none of them being cause to assume that McGill University is anything but the best school in the country. You just can't do all your degrees at the same place.

So the decision is made. Its Queen's.

Now I just have to figure out how to reconcile with all of my friends who went to Queen's who I have been making fun of for the last four years.

In other academic news I'm away for the weekend so there wont be much blogging here. I'm off to Trent University in Peterborough, ON to present a paper at a Canadian studies conference being held there.

Okay, enough shamless self-promotion for now. I'll be back on Sunday.

Posted by Matthew @ 4:51 a.m.