Tuesday, February 03, 2004

WHO NEEDS SLEEP?

Why is it that when I sleep for nine hours five days in a row I feel tired, and then when I sleep for fifteen hours over three days I feel more awake than ever? There must be somekind of scientific/psychological explanation that is beyond me.

Anyway, the lack of sleep has been the result of a spate of essay writing going on behind the scenes here. Hence yesterday's post written at 6:36 a.m. Regular and observant readers will note that I have never posted at this time before.

Some random stuff:

I didn't witness the Janet Jackson incident on Sunday but it was hard to ignore if you were anywhere online yesterday. Personally, I don't see why the FCC and others are making such a big deal about it. Really, it was a breast people, get over it. Nestruck and Mader have already pretty much said what I would have, so I refer you to them.

Since Rick Mercer's Monday Report has gotten me watching television on Mondays I have also been watching Ken Finkleman's The Newsroom. The latter is by far the better show. If you've never seen it, watch it next week. Finkleman's dark, dead-pan, satirical humour is absolutely hilarious in a wonderfully awful kind of way.

I haven't seen much blogging about the Speech From the Throne yet. Was it really that boring? James Bow and Andrew Spicer are praising the GST rebate for cities which I agree is a good thing. I haven't read the whole speech yet but I will later today. Hopefully, comments to come.

Also, if you have not yet read the BlogsCanada election group blog I highly recommend it. That's not just because I'm posting to it either. If you're willing to spend time reading my opinions here, all I can say is that there is a lot more really good stuff by some intelligent people over at the e-group blog. Check it out.

Posted by Matthew @ 2:48 a.m.