Sunday, February 15, 2004

MINORITY OPINION, UNSUBSTANTIATED

It's All Sponsorship Scandal All the Time in the Canadian news media right now. I've tried three times to write something about the whole affair and I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm really trying to care about this whole mess but frankly I just don't.

It's not that I don't think that the issue is important. Its incredibly important for the Liberals and the election because so many Canadians think its a big deal. And its not that I don't think what happened was wrong. it was. This is what makes admitting to this opinion somewhat difficult, because I recognize what happened was wrong. But something inside me just really doesn't give a damn.

I'm not going to offer any justification for what Chretien, or whomever, did with the money. I'm not as devoted to Chretien as Warren Kinsella is. But nor am I appalled as many others seem to be. This just is not an issue that is going to decide how I vote in the next election.

What I'm wondering is if I'm truly the only Canadian who is thinking this way or if there is anyone else out there who wants to join me in the 'Sure It Was Wrong But Lets Move On' club? Whatever else this opinion makes me, I might be Paul Martin's new best friend.

All this is in part by way of apologizing for not posting lately. But really, who wants to hear me asking 'who cares?' five different ways all week long?

Cross posted to BlogsCanada Election Blog.

Posted by Matthew @ 1:45 a.m.