Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY

The banner headline at Bourque this evening reads:

PM HAMMERED IN QP

Now, graduates or those familiar with Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario will know that the on-campus pub at that school is generically called the 'The Queen's Pub' and is often simply referred to as the QP. So one would not be remiss in asking, based on this headline, whether the PM faced some concerted opposition questioning this afternoon in the Commons, or if instead he was totally inebriated at a Kingston university bar?

UPDATE: On second thought, that headline can't possibly be referring to the Prime Minister being in Kingston. I mean, why would anyone go to Queen's to have a good time? (I can't believe I initially manufactured and then passed up an opportunity to make fun of Queen's. My McGill instincts must be slipping as I near graduation.)

Posted by Matthew @ 6:16 p.m.