Sunday, November 02, 2003

NON-POLITICAL NON-SENSE

Guest Blogger: Monika Ambrozaitis

It has come to my attention that this entire site is dedicated to the political ambiance of our society. I myself am a little disturbed that there aren’t any entries on reckless hodge-podge. There are aspects of ‘living in a society’ that this blog site neglects to attend to: drinking beer and fighting.

I now need to speak of the fine world of beer. I enjoy beer. I think politics enjoys beer. There is no need to avoid the beauty of beer.

On a second note, fighting is essential when alcohol is consumed. Whether the fighting is verbal, mental, or physical it is necessary to entertain the sober folk with the innate need to aggress. It seems to me the best times of my life have occurred watching my friends grate each other’s backs on cement. There were no hard feelings, yet memories to last a lifetime.

There are very few advantages to drinking beer and fighting, but the consequences are minimal. For example, a headache is remedied by Tylenol and water. The scrapes and gashes are treated with a tetanus shot (which you might as well endure because you’ll need to get one every 5-12 years). Unfortunately, verbal and mental consequences aren’t as simple as the physical. One suggestion is to carry around a pad of pre-written apologetic notes and hand them out before the evening begins. If all else fails just crack open a fresh beer and drink again.

I do not mean to support the art of drinking as to cause alcoholism, but I do believe in drinking as a social event. Take the time to respect drinking. Take the time to discover how far you can really push a person. Don’t leave this life regretting that you didn’t contribute your half to drunken politics.

Posted by Matthew @ 3:53 p.m.