Tuesday, November 11, 2003

LEST WE FORGET

The Debt Unpayable

What have I given,
Bold sailor on the sea?
In earth or heaven,
That you should die for me?
What can I give,
O soldier, leal and brave,
Long as I live,
To pay the life you gave?
What tithe or part
Can I return to thee,
O stricken heart,
That thou shouldst break for me?
The wind of Death
For you has slain life's flowers,
It withereth
(God grant) all weeds in ours.

- F.W. Bourdillon

REMEMBRANCE LINKS

Vetrans Affairs Canada: Books of Remembrance, listing all those who served and died.

Remembrance Day Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson

The Royal Canadian Legion

Canadian War Museum

McGill Students are reminded that there will be a Remembrance Day ceremony on campus today. The ceremony will begin at 10:40 at the Roddick Gates and conclude shortly after 11:00 at the grave of James McGill. Professors have been encouraged to release classes for this event.

At the very least ensure that everyone observes the two minutes of silence at 11:00 a.m.

Honour the memory of all those who served and died.
Remember their struggle in the defence of freedom.

Posted by Matthew @ 12:15 a.m.