Wednesday, October 22, 2003

THE FUTURE OF BLOGGING

There are some very interesting thoughts here about the effects of blogs becoming really popular.

For me items number 3 and 9 are the most important. The recognition that blogging is a dialogue and that the lines between discussion and blogging have the potential to merge almost seemlessly is an important one. Item number nine follows from this idea. A well functioning democracy within society can only be strengthened by a greater flow of opinion, increased debate, and in general more communication between citizens. As I have mentioned below, I think that blogs have the potential to re-invent and revitalize the public sphere.

On a side note, I like this blog if only because it has different setting for people, like me, who are colour blind (whoo hoo). Check it out, although it probably doesn't really matter to people who see colours regularly.

[via Instapundit]

Posted by Matthew @ 12:32 a.m.