Friday, October 17, 2003

FIRST POST

I came to the realization recently that I wanted to start a blog. It occurred to me that I was sending out two or three e-mails a week to various friends simply on topics that I found interesting. It seems to me that instead of invading my friends e-mail in boxes this would be a more appropriate way for me to disseminate my thoughts and observations.

Having realized this I told myself that I would not start up my blog until I had enough time to devote to it to make it look good. However, if I were to do that I would never have gotten started. I realized I had to just start and learn about blogging as I go.

So, for the time being the blog is going to be pretty rough and basic. This will be the case until I learn a little more about Internet publishing and so on. It is a work in progress, but to varying degrees I think that describes most blogs or is perhaps the very essence of blogging.

Posted by Matthew @ 6:28 p.m.